Multi-Ride Tickets & Rail Passes
Multi-Ride Tickets allow you to take multiple trips using one ticket within a set amount of time.
Confirm Your Trips with Amtrak RideReserve
To allow all customers to distance themselves from each other onboard, and to ensure a seat for and account for every passenger, monthly, ten-ride and six-ride multi-ride ticket holders will need to confirm each trip (train and date) through Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app or an Amtrak agent prior to traveling on reserved services; thus, ensuring you have the safest and most comfortable journey possible.
- Effective for travel beginning September 14, 2020.
- Amtrak RideReserve confirmations can be made through Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app or an Amtrak Agent.
- You can have up to two confirmations per travel day; once in each direction.
- You can make confirmations as early as 14 days prior to your departure date or as late as your scheduled departure time through Amtrak.com or the Amtrak app; or until your actual departure time via an Amtrak agent.
- RideReserve confirmations initiated on Amtrak.com and the Amtrak app can only be made with an active multi-ride reservation containing a valid email address.
- Only required on reserved services.
- Seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Your Multi-Ride ticket does not entitle you to travel without a RideReserve confirmation.
- If you don’t use RideReserve to make your confirmation prior to boarding a train, you will be considered an unticketed passenger and current Amtrak Carriage of Passengers terms apply.
Review Ride History
Keep track of remaining rides for your six- and ten-ride tickets on Amtrak.com and in the app, including the date, time and service used for each trip. You can also review the number of rides remaining on your six- and ten-ride tickets by scanning your eTicket at any Quik-Trak kiosk.
Multi-Ride Ticket Refunds
Refund rules vary depending on the type of ticket purchased, whether a ticket has been used already and when the refund request is made. See Refund and Exchange Policy for more information.
Multi-Ride Tickets Are Not Transferable
Multi-ride tickets may only be used by the passenger whose name is on the ticket.
However, on the Pacific Surfliner only, more than one person may use a ten-ride ticket at one time. The person named on the ticket must be one of the passengers traveling and all passengers must travel together.
For Which Routes Can I Purchase Tickets?
Multi-Ride Tickets are available for travel on many routes, but restrictions vary by route, destination and time of day. Multi-Ride Tickets may not be used on long-distance trains, certain segments of short-distance trains or Acela trains.
|Northeast Regional||Boston - New York - Washington, DC - Roanoke/Richmond - Norfolk/Newport News|
|Keystone Service||Harrisburg - Philadephia - New York|
|Downeaster||Boston North Station, MA - Brunswick, ME|
|Empire Service||New York - Albany - Rensselaer|
|Hiawatha||Chicago - Milwaukee|
|Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg||Chicago - Galesburg - Quincy|
|Lincoln Service||Chicago - St. Louis|
|Missouri River Runner||St. Louis - Kansas City|
|Illini, Saluki||Chicago - Carbondale|
|Wolverine||Chicago - Detroit - Pontiac|
|Blue Water||Chicago - East Lansing - Port Huron|
|Pere Marquette||Chicago - Grand Rapids|
|Heartland Flyer||Oklahoma City - Fort Worth|
|Amtrak Cascades||Portland - Eugene|
|Amtrak Cascades||Seattle - Mt. Vernon - Bellingham|
|San Joaquins||San Francisco/Oakland - Fresno - Bakersfield - Los Angeles|
|Capitol Corridor||San Jose - Oakland/San Francisco - Sacramento - Ashburn|
|Pacific Surfliner||San Luis Obispo - Santa Barbara - Los Angeles - Orange County - San Diego|
|Carolinian||Charlotte - Greensboro - Raleigh - Rocky Mount|
|Piedmont||Charlotte - Raleigh|